09 May 2011

What we've been up to lately

There hasn't been a whole lot going on around here lately, not that I'm complaining! Just a lot of playing and waiting for the pool to get warmer. Although that hasn't stopped Gavin from getting in it! We've been cleaning and doing laundry and trying to start getting things ready for the baby as much as we can still two moves away from our final settling place and him making his appearance in this world! I have been feeling him moving in there though and that is always exciting! I love it, mainly for the connection I  feel to the baby and the way it grows for the next 19 weeks but also just for the conformation that he's still growing in there during the 4 WEEKS in between doctor visits and getting to hear his little heartbeat!

So we are taking the slower days to go to the park and hang out with friends like we did the other day at the zoo! We packed some snacks in Gav's back pack and he really wanted to carry it most of the time. This was while we were waiting for our friends to get there. This picture makes me imagine what he'll look like in about 2 years on his first day of school! He was so cute!

Gav and Charlie petting the goats. They were so funny yelling at each other to come see something that they thought was worth looking at.


Bethany has an almost one year old as well as Charlie so she brought her sit and stand stroller that the boys found a way to share.


We have been to the houston zoo now quite a few times and the lions are always sleeping somewhere where you can barely see their bodies much less their heads! So we were so excited when the mommy lion stood up and walked right up to the glass!


And then even the daddy lion woke up and looked at us for awhile!


They boys played so well and had so much fun.


The monkey's have a new viewing station and one of the older ones was sitting right at the glass watching all the humans walk by and taking us all in.


The boys are such good friends and had so much fun together and were so tired after we were done. Although I will say that even though we live about 45 minutes from the zoo, Gavin did not fall asleep on the way home! He just doesn't need that much sleep I guess, it just stinks when I do!!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

we had so much fun! I can't believe he didn't fall asleep! Mine were both out within about five minutes of leaving, haha, but then of course the drive was just long enough that they were both ready to go when we got home.