Spring sports have started around here and this year Gavin wanted to play soccer. We are members at the Y and the Lord knows that there are a million different organizations that we could play with. However, with him only being four I'm a lot more on the side of playing and having fun, burning off some energy, maybe learning a few soccer things but more muscle control, hand eye/ foot eye coordination. And from what I can tell the Y is probably the best place for that kind of sport. I just get the crazy dad, lots of practice and yelling, coaches being the refs, crazy weird stuff. However, with the Y you also get a little less coordination. This year I knew a little what to expect from playing baseball last summer. So I show up to the parent meeting and they tell us a few things then let us split up to come up with a coach, assistant coach, team parent, practice day, time, place, etc. It's really kinda crazy but we manage to settle down all the practice things, the problem.......no coach. I mean I'm willing to be team mom but no one is helping do anything else. It's a little frustrating. After the meeting I tell Joshua what all happened and he says that he will be the coach! Only one problem, he knows absolutely nothing about soccer. Oh yeah and he's not going to be here for the first practice. Ok, well, but we have to have a coach. I decide that he can be head coach and I'll just ask mom if she wants to help. Which means she will have to be coach for first practice. She has a degree in elementary physical education, and when I realize that, I'm all of a sudden a lot more comfortable with the way things are turning out. Of course I wasn't planning on this being a one family show but I guess that's the way it's going to be this year. So we head out to the field for the first practice and meet everyone. Thankfully my dad shows up too and takes Titus who is really tired. But now, since the time hasn't changed yet, it's starting to get dark and the once warm day is now becoming a very cool windy night and did I bring Titus' hat? No! Because it was HOT when we left the house so I'm looking for anything to wrap around little sweetie's head. I have our picnic blanket that we can wrap him in but his little ears and cheeks are still exposed. So we use the only other thing we can find.
Yep. It's a onesie. It's his extra shirt that I keep in case he has an explosion or destroy's the one he's wearing. But isn't he still the most absolutely cutest thing ever?!?!?!?!




2 comments:
Titus is so cute. Please give both boys a hug and kiss from me.
Sometimes a Mom as to do, what a Mom has to do. I have a pic of my oldest wearing socks on both hands, a receiving blanket like a roman toga and a (clean) cloth diaper on the head. I didn't bring a onesie to change into... :P - He is adorable, and you are now officially a soccer Mom *snicker*
Post a Comment