I feel like this has been the longest week! I have been waiting for today to get here so that I could say by this time next week I'll be in houston! But now it is here and I still have to wait a whole nother week! I am beyond excited to go home for thanksgiving! I haven't seen my sister or brother since her wedding this summer and seeing them will be so exciting! They haven't seen Gavin either and last time he was just crawling around. Now He is running around the house, can actually communicate some ideas, it is clear that he has an opinion, likes and dislikes, and he is talking a lot about something...just not really sure what it is! He's doing that thing where his words have inflection and his face contorts to match it all but all it sounds like is blah buh buh abudabu, etc. No idea what he's talking about but he does! I love it! He walks around the house with anything that resembles a phone up to his shoulder/ear and carries on a 5 min. conversation with someone! I just have this overwhelming urge to share the joy that he is to me with my family so I can't wait until we get there. Gavin and I will actually get to stay for 2 weeks! It's going to be so much fun! So if anyone is in h-town or the round abouts the week after thanksgiving, I would love to try and hook up!
On the other hand it has been a little bit of a hard week as well. I know most of you know that last January one of my most favorite little boys in the world went home to be with Jesus. I'm not family or anything but I babysat him some and he was so fun to play with! But not being family sometimes I felt like I wasn't allowed to be sad or to really grieve because whatever I was feeling was nothing compared to what his family was going through. But I often think about him. I'm reminded of him in lots of ways all the time. The most recent is going to wednesday night dinners at my church. We used to go all the time and always sit with the Meadows. Sometimes I kinda felt bad because it seemed like once we got there Brock never wanted to eat anymore, he just wanted to get down and play hide and seek with me or tickle me and run away. It was so fun and I know his parents thought he was bothering me but I looked forward to it every week. Just recently Josh and I started going back to wednesday night dinner and I never walked into that room without looking to see if the Meadows were there or wishing that Brock would be. They never were. I knew that it was going to be really hard for them so I didn't really expect to see them this week. However, I walked into the fellowship hall and saw Nita walking towards the food line. I thought it was really brave of them to be there. We hugged for a little bit and both cried a little.
I would also appreciate your prayers because one of my good friends is 37 weeks pregnant right now and when she went to the doctor today they became worried that she has Cholestasis of Pregnancy. Basically it means her gallbladder isn't working correctly to remove the bile from her liver and the bile in turn is getting into her bloodstream (and Baby Hannah's as well). There are no long-term risks for her and it would go away after delivery. The risks for Hannah could be severe and would mean inducing as soon as they determine if she in fact has this disease. Just hard when you think everything is going fine and you go to the doctor for a routine check up and hear that they might need to get the baby out soon. So just a lot of waiting for blood tests to come back and hoping that she comes really soon anyway and comes out perfectly healthy.
In conclusion I just hope that this next week can go by quickly with all the laundry and packing and hopefully Hannah's birth and then the next two weeks in texas will be long and relaxing!
14 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey! Sorry its been such a long week... I'm so glad you get to stay in Houston for a while!!! We'll be in SAn Antonio until the Sun after Thanksgiving, but that whole next week I'm pretty much free and would love to see you!
Sweet friend...I'm sorry this week has been hard. I will be praying for you! I miss you bunches!
Post a Comment