16 June 2009

Sick Again

So the student ministry at our church went to camp this past week. We went up there one day and really enjoyed getting to be there with out any true responsibility. But then thursday a bunch of them started feeling really bad and going home. Once everybody got home is was discovered after doctor visits that a bunch of them had the flu and if not that, a bunch more of them were coming down with really high fevers for a little while. Well, sunday night I realize that Gavin feels really warm so I take his temperature, sure enough, 102. Which everyone who has had just a fever has had a temp of exactly 102. I gave him some motrin and he went to bed. But half way through the night he wakes up, burning hot and really uncomfortable. He can't really get back to sleep so neither of us really slept that night. So monday morning I call the doctor and get an appointment. They take some blood, do a strep and flu test. Well, the doctor comes in and says it's not the flu but he does have strep. Great! That is the second time since we have moved to katy like 8 weeks ago! She gave me a different kind of anti-biotic and says we can alternate motrin and tylenol every three hours to help him with fever,etc. Ok, fine. So, we finally get his medicine after being at the pharmacy for 2 HOURS! and he wants it right then, in the store, and he loves medicine. You know that white anti-biotic that all kids hate, he likes it and always takes it really easily. So I open it up to start his dose and give it to him. He takes on sip and freaks out, apparently, he really hates this one but now I have to get him to take the rest of it out here in this very public place because it's already poured! Not easy. Ok, come home, take a nap, play some, time for bed. Give him some more motrin and he goes to sleep, once again wakes up in the middle of the night burning so give tylenol. He sleeps a little longer but around 7:30 is ready to get up. He won't eat breakfast but downs two cups of juice and milk. Then climbs up in the chair next to me while I'm paying some bills, flip flops around for awhile then gets really still. It's only 8:30 in the morning. Then I look down and see this.



I guess those two sleepless nights finally caught up with him, that he's really tired and really still doesn't feel that good. He has never climbed up in a chair and just fallen asleep, especially at 8:30 in the morning. Poor baby.

No comments: