12 June 2009

Just like you

So I know that all kids go through a phase were they want to do everything that you do but when it is actually happening in your ow house it is just the funniest sweetest thing ever! We are in full swing here at this house. Gavin mimics every single sound people make, especially Joshua. Joshua can get him making instrument sounds and holding out notes to songs. Hilarious! He will try to say anything you ask him to and you can actually understand the words! A huge verbal milestone that we have finally reached. It won't be long now before he's telling me what he wants in a nice full complete sentence. He told me a story that happened a couple days before the other day and I actually understood what he was talking about! I was also amazed just that he remembered something to that detail that happened a couple days earlier. It's just so cool to watch him gain his communication skills by leaps and bounds everyday. Recently he has really started wanting to do everything that we do. He is wanting to sit on the potty when I do so of course I am letting him. He wants to brush his teeth when we do, he wants to put his shoes on if I have mine on, he wants to use his silverware and eat everything all by himself. And then anything that he sees us doing, he tries to do later. Thus I got these pictures over the last couple of days.



 
 

1 comment:

Bush Family said...

Oh just wait! It gets even better! It is really funny what they choose to remember and to tell you. We went to the aquarium yesterday and saw lots of cool things but what Bryson told matthew when we got home was..."I saw sharks and fish, but a bird ate my cheeto!" He was so disturbed by this I guess!