28 July 2009

MOMMY!!!!! COWS!!!! (as screamed by my child)

So as previously mentioned, riding in the car with my child has become quite the experience. He has no concept oh how a small metal thing actually makes it where you don't have to talk as loud instead of screaming at your absolute loudest. On a side note, he has started sitting in the back seat and sticking his fingers in his ears and then talking all sorts of nonsense very loudly and loving every minute of it. He apparently has discovered that your voice sounds different when your ears are plugged up. Very hilarious! Still screaming though. So back to the original story, He lets you know very loudly every thing that he sees. Every car, truck, bus, airplane, and now cow. On wednesday, we rode in the car in the car with my parents up to oklahoma to take my brother to a fish camp at OU for half a day and to see my grandparents for a sec. 


We then left the next morning and went down to dallas to see my sister's new house. Then we drove home friday night so that I could go to an audition for a movie on saturday morning. Needless to say, a lot of driving for my little guy. He did brilliantly! Probably because he was totally content to look out the window for cows the whole time! On another side note, my Papaw had a best friend for almost his whole life who recently died and left a farm that needs taking care of. And guess what! They have a good 7 mama cows, one bull, and 7 or 8 baby cows now. So Papaw said that he would take us out there on thursday morning on our way to dallas to see the cows. I, myself have never seen a cow really up close. I thought we would stand on our side of the fence and look at them. Wrong! We gathered up some treats for them, jumped on a gator thing, opened the gate and take off to go feed the cows. Sounds fun right! Except the cows are huge! I mean HUGE!!!!! 


I'm totally freaked out so I'm sure Gavin is dying! But, my dad, his Boo held him and together they fed some treats to some cows. 

Gavin almost did it but as soon as their tongue would come out and touch his hand he would drop the treat on the ground. 



I managed to get a calf to come over and get a treat from me and she let me pet her head for a second. I was the only one that they got close to! 


By the time we left Gavin was ready to get away from them but once we got out of their territory, he didn't not want to leave! He loved it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lacey-- What movie are you trying out for??? Julie M.

Lover Boy and Beloved said...

I was trying out for a movie called Men, Money and Gold Diggers. I was one of 3 white people there out of about 700!