23 November 2009

Can't be left alone even for a minute

You know, with all my babysitting experience and for as long as Gavin has been able to walk now, you would think that I would already know this. But I guess you kinda get comfortable in watching him do things on his own and play and not get into trouble. Then you leave the room for a minute to go get a drink and you come back and everything's fine. Then next time you leave for a little bit longer and come back and everything's still fine. I guess you just slowly forget how long a minute is and how little time it takes to get into trouble until you walk back into the room one day and find this:

Now, I hope that you do notice the beautiful drawing that Gavin did with a pen on his stomach. I'm not sure why he even thought about lifting his shirt and drawing on himself. He has never drawn on himself before period. But as you can see, he does have a shirt on. So why go to the trouble of lifting it and then drawing. Clearly not an accident, but a planned, premeditated situation. I mean, if he didn't have a shirt on or he drew on his arm but really? One of the funnier things about this picture that you might not notice is how his pant legs are pushed up. This is not how I left him! Still, of course the funniest thing about this picture is of course his face. I'm sure you noticed. I don't really think I realized when I took the picture that he had made that face but looking through them later I died laughing when I came upon that face. I mean what is he doing or trying to do? I have no idea but I'm finding myself asking that question more and more these days. It has been so fun to watch his imagination and creativity grow!

No comments: