17 December 2009

Somewhat of a Success

Well, we have now had three different years of Santa pictures taken. The first year when Gavin was like 8 weeks was of course really easy. He even looked at the camera. I did think it was funny how the camera person was all trying to get him to look at him and smile and calling his name. I was like, he's 8 weeks, he's looking just take the picture! Then, being just over one year and being asked to sit on a stranger's lap, things were much different. He was really interested the whole time we were in line and watched all the other kids taking their turn and wanted his turn. But once we were actually walking up to Santa, he started freaking out. I even brought nilla wafers, a favorite at the time, to try and get him to sit happily for just a sec but to no avail. He was screaming crying in his picture with a nilla wafer poking out his cheek on one side. Even funnier! I mean, you gotta have at least one screaming Santa picture right! So, this year we started talking about Santa and he was really excited. Every time we saw a picture of Santa somewhere Gavin would point it out and be really happy about Christmas. Plus, he is totally obsessed with having pictures taken of himself and getting to see them. So, I thought this could go really great!

It did go better than last year but he got so shy once Santa showed up and it was his turn to sit on his lap. He wouldn't smile for anything! But he did have a lot of fun I guess b/c all he talked about for the rest of the day was seeing Santa!

No comments: