28 June 2011

We are almost there!

So back to the whole idea of Radical.....

I know when we left Atlanta I had an idea of what this next house would look like. Lots of little things here and there that were part of what my "dream" house would look like. Lots of little nooks and crannies, lots of character. Nice huge spacious master bed and bath, nice garden tub, separate shower and either a huge closet or two separate ones. Lots of room and everything really really cute and comfortable. 

After these two years of the Lord really teaching and growing me I started thinking that none of that stuff matters at all because there's only one house that I want to be my dream house and that's the one that I will get to live in for forever! Definitely not this one that will fall apart and besides that who knows how long we will live in it anyway! 

So, when Joshua and I found this house, everything about it felt like God was saying this was it. It was a great price for the neighborhood and after living so far from the church in atlanta, proximity was something that I knew would play a part in our ability to participate in this church body and it would have a huge impact on our marriage and family. So it mattered a whole lot more how close it was to the church over what it looked like! And this one is within walking distance to the church! I can't believe it! We put an offer on it that evening after seeing it for the first time and they accepted. We made it through the option period, had the inspection and negotiated all the repairs and now we are set to close AUG 1ST!!!!!!! I can't believe that this whole journey is so close to being over in so many ways. We will still have a large loan to pay back from what we lost on our house in atlanta but once that is done we can totally move on and never look back again and we are SO close!

I thought would upload a few pics from the HAR website where the house is listed to give you an idea of the little treasure we found and then as we move in and change things you have an idea of where we came from!
This is the front. Joshua likes the idea of changing it up a little with big white pillars on top and try to make it a little more colonial looking.


This is the living room. We aren't sure where everything is going to go but the plan is to have wood downstairs eventually.


The kitchen is a mix of updated and still needs a little work. The first thing I'll be changing in here is the paint. :)


This is the breakfast area that I will be adding a window bench to and scooting the table over to, maybe to the corner and leaving room for benches at the bar and a computer/work station in the opposite corner that you can't really see in the picture.


Upstairs gameroom, that was one of the must haves of a new house for us. I didn't really care where it was, I just needed a place where the toys could go and stay out all the time, etc.


Backyard patio. Great little started space that has lots of potential but that will be WAY down on the list!


The rest of the backyard. Lots of space for playing and running!

2 comments:

elricha2 said...

So great!! What a huge weight off your shoulders, I know!

Erin said...

Lacey, that's wonderful news, and the house is beautiful! Best of luck with the move and getting settled before Baby Stew #2 arrives!